Attendance: Akash Sharma, Sean Molloy, Peter Beneski, Bryce Streeper, Suraj Shah, Andrew Cartania, Harley Graime, Matt Destefano, Scott Caratozzolo, Sean Strauss, Derreck Fuschino, Krish Verma, Matt Gray, Patrick, Brett Lipschultz, Drew, Colin Keady, Christopher Zickert, Joseph Guitan, Marco Landeo, Michael Malzemov, Vincent Lin, Mark, Patrick
Start Time: 7:33
Motion to accept minutes as read: passes Andrew Cartaina
President’s Report: (g1310) National Convention is happening in August. Thank you for a good year, house still in one piece.
Vice President’s Report g1218: Stevens is having an in person on campus alumni weekend this year on the first weekend in june. Would like to have an in person bbq on that weekend. Do we want to get the new cook to man the grill?
Treasurer’s Report(Matt Gray): Doing fine money-wise down 16,000 on the year but up 40,000 over the last few years
Secretary’s Report g1301: No report
Chapter Advisor’s Report (Andy): Andy cannot go to the national convention this year.
Undergraduates have received two separate disciplinary letters from the school.
Account Executive’s Report(Brett): Suraj and Bryce learned quickbooks. There were concerns around collections which Suraj will address
Committees: no reports
Active President (Bryce): Mixer on the 11th with DPE was the event that broke probation (a week and a half before it ended) National rep is coming and will address the issue. Will work with TXAS to get back on track.
Brett: All brothers should attend risk management event
Active Treasurer (Suraj): Budget is looking good. We are under budget for food. Everyone has paid for fall semester and spring semester is due next week
Active Houseman (Chris Zickert): Haven’t been able to talk to Hunter about keg cooler. Window is being worked on. Ken Nilsen wants 1000$ to fix 5 spindles we need to figure that out. We are out of supplies and need more money to replace them.
Brett: we can reallocate our budget or take some out of the brothers budget for supplies.
(Andy) Take off the table email forwarding solution.
Derreck- We should proceed 60$ per year plan on using ForwardMX
Single Domain Plan: 25 email forwarders, up to 500 emails per day – $24/year
Starter Plan: 800 email forwarders, up to 2,000 emails per day (current plan) – $60 per year
Pro Plan: 3,500 email forwarders, up to 4,000 emails per day – $99/year
Business Plan: 7,000 email forwarders, up to 10,000 emails per day – $179 per year
Usage expectations, from Aug10 2021 – Feb 6 2022 (181 days)
highest per day volume 6022
Average daily volume 1041
Days > 4000 – 2
Days >2000 – 12
Days >500 – 135
Andy-Motion to have Derreck move forward with this plan and report back
Andy- Tabled discussion on actives shared storage
Nominees for trustees…g1198 Derreck Fuschino, g1408 Scott Caratozollo, g1334 Richie LaGotto
Andy: Closed nominations
3 new Trustees named
Announcements: g1198 getting married next month. Next meeting we should look into making and email group on investing
Millenio was last weekend, great to see everyone who played! House seemed to be in good shape
Where do we stand on getting to keg cooler reconnected? Should be a priority for the pending tasks in the house.
what’s the status of moving alumni meetings back to house? Should we consider this for next month if permitted?
VP : logged into website, can start updating and post alumni meeting minutes, learning the specifics
Treasurer: not present, no report
Secretary: no report, not present
Chapter advisor: School was virtual for first 2 weeks due to omicron, Presidents academy and Rising stars were also virtual.
Meeting with Ken, New Greek coordinator and Bryce to dicuss semester going forwards. Was very positive and Ken addressed concerns about Res life anc contractors entering house without prior notice
Account exec: Concerns about cook tax status.
Active Pres: in person classes start 1/31, RM in person on 2/1. Bid night 2/11. Chef is returning for this semester as a contractor
Active Treasurer – house budget will be voted on at RM
Active house man: House is clean, jobs start Monday
No old bus:
New bus: motion to discuss TX mail and domain issues 1251, 1112 (passes)
The G Suite legacy free edition will no longer be available beginning July 1, 2022. Contact your account team to discuss how to move to a Google Workspace subscription with limited time discount options.
If you take no action by May 1, 2022, Google will begin transitioning your organization seamlessly to a new Google Workspace subscription. The new subscription will be based on what you currently use with your G Suite legacy free edition.
Enter your billing information to avoid account suspension by July 1, 2022.
DNS Records for static content point to DreamHost.
Google G Suite
DNS MX Records (which allows IP’s to manage email for a domain)
DreamHost will handle MX Records (and serve email) for us for free (we pay about $120/year in web hosting). This would be best served purely as an email forwarder though since the interface is terrible and storage limits are low (sub-1GB for email). I don’t think we will find a competitive service to free gmail/stevens hosted email without the cost being very high, but it’s worth exploring alternatives even reviewing costs.
What we need:
Ways to manage logical groups of brothers and have a way to email them consistently.
Slack won’t work for older brothers who rely on email (and until recently physical mail). Can slack fire off emails per-posting? If so it might work
Ability for this to be administered by various brothers
Ability to group brothers by Actives, Alumni, Committees, EC, anything else
Consideration for other productivity tools that G Suite provided:
That could be group calendars, documents, etc
I think only actives use this so Slack could be an alternative in this space.
Committee to be formed:
Andrew Johnson 1426
G1112 will schedule working session to dicuss with committee
Motion to close discussion 1112, 1251 (passes)
Trustees: 1112, 1198, 1218, 1251
Announce: Willard Wade III, G981 class of ‘71 passed
Chapter Advisor: House is still here. There is an ongoing saga involving trash and neighbors, may escalate to Nielson. House is doing well, Famils are coming along.
Account Exec: To be covered later
Active Pres: Beach party this weekend, planning a philanthropy event. Accreditation due this week for Stevens. The system has changed to require a presentation from the house to the accreditation board. GPA results were off due to alumni being included, finally got real GAP results. Woodward scholarship BBV next Tues. Work weekend April 13th, Philanthropy shifts may occur during WW. 10 candidates remain out of 11. Fall recruiting looks good. Lodge lost one year of recruiting for hazing issues, beta dry forever.
Active Treasurer: BVA submitted. Check from Stevens should arrive Friday. Escalated around Malcom. Due to billing issues with meals, a catch up meal plan was created. About $12,464 due , most want to pay, one being problematic, they are discussing options next week.
Active Houseman: 2nd deck head fixed. Front iron door fixed, as well as dutch window.
1112: we should bring back bigs at pinning.
Old Business: None
New Business: 1250:Treasurer Stipend
Account exec suggest $0
1112: Retreat funding
1250: 2nd’s passes
1112: suggests cap the budget at $3,500 with a detailed line item emailed out.
1199: motion to allocate $3000 from assessment
1394: Legalized Marijuana poses a question if occurs. Will still be banned from house properties.
Pres Report: Emailed Nielson Friday, Follow up phone call this week regarding Door (hopefully done by alumni Weekend). Spoke to Nielson Regarding Accreditation, no issues expected. W event this Thursday (128 people expected).
VP Report: Surprised reelection! Canoe Trip July 12th -July 14th. Forgot how much, will follow up. June Almni BBQ , will follow up if supplies are coordinated (cooler). Wants to revamp Schnitzel, start mugbreaking and combine events perhaps (too far off to care too much).
Treasurer Report: Our accountant did not file tax form needed for past 2 years, needed to fax to Carl. Owe IRS $200. (990T) Checking Account ( dual signature w/
Secretary Report: Will update the website, meeting notes. Will work with Matt to set up Checking.
Chapter Advisor: initiation , family formal, Work weekend, administrational problems seem to have been waning, supporting treasurer in getting meal plan and fall housing fixed and complete. Open question regarding summer housing, active pres will further comment. House looked great after work weekend, attended family formal and house looked great. Parents were having a great time.
Account Exec: Last month spoke about issues, got majority of money but there was still a deficit. Billed for physical plant taking out trash, didn’t do it, slow to reimburse. There is still enough money in account to cover rental tables and rest of semester. Reg for meal plans open, didn’t add option 4 for double parlor. Hoping to be liberal with amounts, let figure out this week, so we can submit accurate billing. Everyone who owes is on payment plan. Active taxes are in order, due in August.
Committees: GPAS? All good.
Events: Alumni BBQ + Canoe Trip -> Pete will be in charge ( I guess)
Active Pres: Initiated 10 brothers. Looking to replace some ritual stuffs, not the best shape. Work weekend went off without a hitch, one new thing with great results, Saturday morning took brothers to volunteer 8am and got philanthropy done. Pledge project was difficult to deal with considering the shortened process.
1112: reminder to put out big brothers at pinning for guidance.
1250: any restrictions on bigs from national?
1112: nope, big up front provides better guidance. Significant larger number of famils, undergrads are important, but maybe think about easing responsibilities of alumni famils.
Incidents outside the house. Ass mem was walking back to car, and was harassed. Actives tried calling police and stop fight. Kid ran away, and actives gave reports. Meetings will continue about this and we will be kept up to date.
Some bylaws need to be updated, and fines will be billed to Omega Phi.
1112: advised to not eliminate innate bylaws, even if seem clunky.
Gave accreditation report, copied a lot from national, worked well. Owned up to problems, presented Solution, and got ahead of questions. Malcolm said great things about us (especially community service)
1112: Need to make sure the house gets filled.
Active Pres: On it , serious thing. Need to fill 50% house to avoid renovations, and keep house open this summer. If another house doesn’t fill up, maybe relocate other frats here.
1192: Alumni need the house anyway.
Active Treasurer: Everyone on payment plan. Lotsa Cash which is good. Budget helper looked at family formal, $2200 not including rentals. Food was good, but cold, Chicken saved on budget. Active quickbooks is fine, need to be cleaned up from former treasurers. BVA isn’t quite up to date, send updated one to TXAS. Will be content to start building budget next few weeks, gets lonely when he does it himself. Headcount for ball is not great, we are in big room. (currently $4k deficit). Will email alumni right now to attempt to pressure people into coming.
Active Houseman: not in attendance. Issues with fire dept in terms of inspections. Pick one to fail randomly (most recently blue room). All about the beds.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Announcements: BB Was in town, Andre got a new job, Egebo got married, Pete will be moving.
Pres Report: Meeting with Neilson, door will get fixed over break, met again 10 days ago and was promised updated time line. No response yet. Door is still broken. Engaged Frank about school check. Did get the check, and received suggestions on how to get it quicker in the future.
VP Report: Not in Attendance
Treasurer Report: Year-end reports for next meeting. He owes accountant money, will pay him. Might look for new accountant because prior one was too expensive. Can’t be that hard might do it himself.
1192: did we pay out treasurer’s stipend?
1250: I don’t think we ever wrote a check for PJ, did we open checking account?
1250: No will do because current account is no interest.
1315: will look into connecting checking account to investment account
Secretary Report: No report
Chapter Advisor: Stopped by a few times over the break, it was clean so kudos. The front door doesn’t lock anymore, so…Rising stars happened, will let Dan speak about in his report. NDLA is different format and looking forward to working with new EC
1394: when we weren’t here we chained the door, we felt fine when we were there.
1112: Nice, house should fix the outside door
Account Exec: Received the Check, light $10k. Due to discrepancy for people that didn’t sign up online for meal plan or chose parlor. Will bill them, and it’s not good but going forward need to check on meal plan sign ups at beginning. Next month Conor and him will bring a BVA from last year and sit down, completed signatures.
Xxxx: 12 brothers didn’t pay full meal plan.
1192: can we bill through omega5 and then add 5%?
Xxxx: yes, but let’s do it through the school preferably, confident things will work out. Trying to get check in Feb.
1250: Will discuss Stipend next meeting. Check on Theresa’s revised W2. Please pay workers comp insurance.
Committees: Fund raising:. Events: Frank event at W? Alumni Networking day? Bid night?
Active Pres: Went to risings stars and presidents academy. NDLA Feb 24th and Feb 28th.Asking for us to send 4 , they pay for all expenses ($575 total package). Thinking Matt, mem ed, mem ed for following semester, and recruit. Treasurer track wouldn’t get as much out of it, and committing to more people is expensive. Change to accreditation, currently all true men from inspection. Now all true men through accreditation every year, have to take accreditation very seriously even though we’re doing well. Must remain above 3.0 gpa we are around 3.4 . Getting inspected Feb 4th, school is aware and willing to help ( clean up crew / Mock inspection group). Had a lot of trash over winter break, community is giving us a hard time, communicated to the crew who picks up trash. received a millenio noise complaint, will give them his number so that it can be communicated. President of UCLA spoke about risk management, talked about new alcohol regulations. Speak with sororities to communicate risk concerns/solutions. Spoke about adjusting bylaws to command adherence to new alcohol regulations. New risk committee ( pres, mem ed, social chair). IFC is getting push back on the idea of Bid night. Education fund foundation money, 1112 will follow up.
1250: got dinged for ritual in past, anything we can do?
1394: can send in accreditation beforehand to get it checked before actual report, and we can see last years report. Invited rising star attendees to speak
John: Learned a lot, was more than he thought he would be. Enjoyed learning through other chapters experiences .
Matt: Positive experience, networking and connections was beneficial. Appreciates Alumni!
Yyyy: met gamma mu , and would like to do some events with them. Invited to national advisory panel.
1394: voting to be put up to the vote to be debrothered due to owe over $1,000.
1112: Clarified it’s a permanent Suspension, could use financial suspension which requires no vote.
1394: Would rather actual vote on a permanent suspension for the sociopolitical portrayal.
1250 & 1112 cautioned to be tactful
Active Treasurer: Got a house card with his name on it. Mailed check to the accountant for the house. Has over $10k imbalance (AR) from meal discrepancies. $420 when to Theresa, and rest went to Haydeli lady who cleans (almost every brother contributed in some way). Switched DirectTv to autopay (saves $10/month), and ordered another receiver for blue room.
Active Houseman: Put in staples order, work orders, and order for trash from school.
1192: hole in the basement?
1394: School is aware.
New Business: 1192:Motion to allocate up to $500 for Philadelphia trip for Andy. 1315: Second Motion passes.
1250: Curious about $20k taken from account, thinks it glass doors. 1192 will follow up with Nielson.
Announcements: 1238 wife is pregnant. 1204 had a kid. Mish is pregnant. Ian had a kid. 1260????
Pres Report: Alumni bbq went well. Frank said house was clean. Open to doing event at the W. Inner door quote was sent from Neilson (Princeton glass). Scholarships got paid out.
VP Report: BBQ Happened. Editing of the 2013 order list to make next one better. Reserved campsite for Canoe Trip. $500 was budget for BBQ , Has receipts for $922.91. $500 from Teresa includes money from Stumpy. Pete spent $300 on food and charcoal. No charcoal grill, so rolled into Canoe trip budget. $300 for campsite. Didn’t reserve canoes. BYO money for canoes.
Treasurer Report : Wrote Checks. Will open new checking account before next meeting in September.
Secretary Report: Will Email Actives to put away BBQ that’s out front. Will send reminder to Pete to reserve canoes for campsite one week in advance. Send event invite and reminder for canoe trip details.
Chapter Advisor: Doesn’t seem like there’s anything to vote for at national convention. Getting ready for convention.
Account Exec: Sent taxes in late last month. Carl exists. Attached budget submittal. Lost money last year. PJ has been doing a better job holding down expenditures. Needs to sit down and nail down the numbers more granularly and tweak the budget. House has enough cash to survive Summer. Rich and PJ understand it’s not good. Quickbooks will be more expensive, check into it.
Active Treasurer: Didn’t get check yet.
New Business: Dean Nielson reached out, Keuffel fund was looking to redo inside door. Estimate $9,350 for repair and seal from Princeton Stained glass company. Will respond to Ken that this is fine but we need woodwork finished as well. Need more comprehensive estimate. motion to set a limit of $11k for full inner vestibule door repair. Passed. Need to take care of first deck head issues. Kitchen exhaust in kitchen doesn’t work, fume hood, Balcony Bathroom – Frank will fix.
New Ideas: Captains: each responsible to encourage the brothers they know more closely to join events and be Engaged. Form on Website to sign up for updates.
Pres Report: Stevens is not funding BBQ, but there is a line item in the budget so it is accounted for and funded. Booked flight for convention, will bring info next meeting. Checking with Nielson on Keuffel fund projects. Stained glass not done.
VP Report: Teresa knows about BBQ and is available, she will prepare Friday. Members need to gather food prior (potentially Thursday night , Andre will consult w/ Pete). Cleaning needs to be delegated ( Actives should do but someone will check up, confirmed by active president that actives will clean) . Canoe trip , 13th to the 15th. Pete will reserve canoe trip campsite and inventory Prior to BBQ.
Treasurer Report: Filed Taxes. Due to reporting requirements at work will relinquish the role of controller of investment account to Andre. Matt will open checking account to connect to investment account, and will research an account with low minimum, will be done by next meeting.
Secretary Report: Working on setting up a shared Google calendar. Sent email for BBQ and canoe trip with canoe trip date being wrong. Will send out Email to update BBQ and canoe as well as email actives about cleaning house prior to BBQ, set up meeting with active secretary. Need to gather a list of active executive committee and contact info. Facebook invites for events will be addressed.
Chapter Advisor: Not present due to medical. The chapter was accredited by national, but was dinged for failing to request permission to initiate and pay the fees up front last year (previous EC’s responsibility). Need to file recent 990 with national by July 1st, Brett will send.
Account Exec: School has not given us a check for Spring ’18 meal plan. Will email Frank to remedy (cc PJ and rich) . Need to file alumni taxes. Stipends? Have to pay Alex from last year, PJ this year.
-Scholarship = emailed Gilean for active scholarship awards, responded on names provided 2 graduating. Paid both top students paying out $1000 total. Gilean will send note as a reminder to prompt names of students to increase efficiency next time.
Active Pres: will clean house. Will be proactive about getting check from Stevens. Resent accreditation for community service. Will be in Staten Island during the summer but available if needed.
Old Business: Investment tabled and passed.
New Business: New scholarship approach includes the right to have agency to increase scholarship if so inclined. Two students will be recipients , and will be the one with the highest GPA and the one with most improved GPA. At least $250. Motion to approve. Approved. Andre and Chad will sign paperwork for new investment account.
Announcements: BBQ, send out email for meeting June 6th. Bachelor party occurred.